I recently went through a Hogan Assessment Certification course to become certified to give the Hogan Personality Inventory, Hogan Development Survey, and the Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory. Hogan is an organization that provides science-based personality assessments to help improve workplace performance. The three assessments I became certified in focus on a person’s typical day to day strengths, how they act under stress, and their overall values and desires. With that that being said, I wanted to share 5 things I learned from the two-day certification.
- Having personality data helps us become more self-aware.
- The more self-aware we can be, the more intentional we can be with our actions.
- Understanding our reputation and how others view us helps us become better employees.
- Certain traits are better for certain jobs, so personality assessments need to have context.
- Helping someone figure out their values helps them to figure out the career they should be in.